WHAT WE DO
Visiting the places,
and of course trying the product
Mezcal is a distillate made from the agave plant growing in Oaxaca. It is just one of the incredible crafts that Oaxaca is known for. Textiles, carving, painting and pottery are also rich in this state. Each mezcal route connects to different craft focused villages.
Whether you are new to mezcal or a seasoned connoisseur, Rambling Spirits can design a unique experience that will give you a fresh taste for this amazing spirit.
The region is stunning, with sprawling agave fields and ancient sites. We always offer the option of exploring this beautiful landscape
Route suggestions with examples in scrolling images:
- Central Valleys including Tlacolula, Matatlan and San Dionisio for artisanal copper pot mezcal (45+ minutes drive)
- Santa Catarina Minas small batch ancestral style mezcal in clay pot (1 hour drive)
- Sola de Vega small batch ancestral style mezcal in clay pot (2.5 hour drive)
- Mixteca for tiny batch ancestral style mezcal in clay pot (2.5 hour drive)
- Etla for Oaxacan rum made with fresh pressed locally grown sugar cane
We work with local communities and family run businesses, so please reach out with time for us to make plans with them
Prices on enquiry
ABOUT RAMBLING SPIRITS
Anna and Brooks
Brooks and Anna are the founders of Rambling Spirits. They are a couple, lucky enough to work with their passions in Oaxaca since 2013. Brooks was working as a bartender, designing cocktails in San Francisco before visiting Mexico on an industry trip, while Anna was a freelance photojournalist who came to Oaxaca to document mezcal for the (London) Mexican Embassy. Rambling Spirits grew organically out of a united love for Oaxaca and mezcal.
Rambling Spirits also have a mezcal tasting room and rooftop bar where we run cocktail consultations.
Please consider that Rambling Spirits work with local communities and families, and reach out with time for us to make plans.