TAKING HIKES AND DRINKS TO BEAUTIFUL PLACES
Oaxaca has a stunningly diverse geography, the 'terroir' of mezcal, a spirit made from the wild and domesticated agave plants that grow throughout the state. We create tailored experiences, exploring this incredible region and what it has to offer.
Please get in touch and help us plan your unique experience.
Learn how mezcal is made on site
Mezcal is a distillate made from the agave plant growing in Oaxaca. Whether you are new to mezcal or a seasoned connoisseur, Rambling Spirits can design a unique experience that will give you a fresh taste for this amazing Spirit.
Extending the day we can organise a walk around the distillery or do a mixology session with the day's mezcal.
For brands, we give industry trips for individuals and larger groups.
- Sustainability focused distillery in Matatlan
- Ancestral distillery using clay pot in Santa Catarina Minas
- Distilleries in Miahuatlan
- Ancestral distillery in Mixteca (may require an overnight stay)
- customised trip based on consultation
RAMBLING IN OAXACA
Explore the region
We are developing guided experiences beyond the city. Oaxaca is an incredible state with wonderful places to ramble or take a more invested hike. We can choose a focus such as archeological sites, stunning scenery, or a trip to see the different agave and terroir that lend themselves to making mezcal.
A few options:
- morning hike from Oaxaca City up to Victoria Guadalupe via the aquaduct and Xochimilco
- Yagul / Mitla caves with option to visit the Jaguar Sanctuary
- Hills around San Agustin, Etla with option to visit Centro de las Artes, San Agustin (CaSa)
- Salinas cave and waterfall (great alternative to Hierve al Agua)
We also have connections with artisans in pueblos like Teotitlan del Valle, where you can learn about natural dying practices.
MIXING WITH MEZCAL
Making a mezcal cocktail
Mezcal can revolutionise anybody's cocktail repertoire. We offer a cocktail master class with a mezcal focus. From learning about Oaxacan flavours, to exploring the versatility of different agave species, you will gain a new appreciation for how this wide-ranging spirit can be mixed and how best it can be swapped into classic cocktails.
We can can also design cocktails and manage a private bar for you and your friends.
RAMBLING SPIRITS PHOTOGRAPHY
Documenting mezcal and Oaxaca
All our experiences come with the option of being professionally documented by our in-house photographer (included in the day price)
If you are looking for a day-in-the-life photoshoot of your Oaxaca experience, or if you are a brand in need of product photography, we have you covered.